Just what is “Building a Community”? Is building a community the responsibility of agencies such as schools, ports, cities, and chambers? Or is it the responsibility of individuals who live and work in this community?
For my part it is a more personal commitment, and although the avenue of service is usually through some group agency, the motivation to contribute comes from within. There are certain ingredients in any thriving community, and the people within the community should strive for these goals:
· A reasonable base of shared goals
· Caring, trust, and teamwork
· Effective internal communication
What is the Chamber actively doing to build a strong community within Camas and Washougal? The following are just a few examples of your Chamber working within the communities to leverage resources as a group to work and bring about solutions that have a greater impact:
· The Chamber, Downtown Camas Association, and Downtown Washougal Association commit to help make the downtowns a more viable place to shop and to do business.
· The Chamber and Camas-Washougal local community organization that helps support the different programs with local dollars.
· The Chamber and Visit Vancouver USA help to attract tourism dollars to East Clark County
· The Chamber, Port of Camas-Washougal, and cities of Camas and Washougal working together on issues pertaining to growth.
Your Chamber is continually working to foster the spirit of collaboration within our communities that makes us all proud. And these are just a few examples of what can be accomplished when the entire community works together towards a common goal-making Camas and Washougal better places in which to live, work and raise a family.